Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ironically Paradoxical

First and foremost, please forgive me for my lack of graphical images in my recent posts due to my extreme laziness of carrying out a camera.

With that aside, university has not been taking as much time away from me as I expected. Maybe it's because I've become accustomed to the way of life as university student or maybe I've spoken just too soon, but I seem to find myself with ample time to watch my television series.

I'm in year two now and priorities have been shifting. Just the other day a good friend asked me a serious question:

Friend: "Bro, honestly, I'm in year two now, do you think I should intern this summer or go to _____ to find my girl?"

It was actually quite a daunting question as I felt, if he follow whatever advise I gave to him, there would be consequences.

For instance, what if I had said go and intern, wouldn't that jeopardize his relationship or vice versa.

It's funny how, when your back home in Malaysia, all you want is to breakout from there and gain some freedom. Yet, when your overseas, you tend to miss that nagging feeling knowing that you do not have as much freedom as you would like.

It's the sense of responsibility I suppose that we gain by having nobody to report to but ourselves.

When to study, should I go shopping, should I club tonight and etc are all decisions nobody are here to help us make or rather "force" us to make.

(The Living Legend is gonna do some light reading now before tuning into some How I Met Your Mother season 6)

No comments: