Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Manchesther United + Malaysians = Amazement

Manchester United decided to tour again in Malaysia for the second time and I am proud to say our Malaysian team did not dissappoint the fans and me this time. Unlike previous attempts against Premiership teams, the Malaysian team of 18th July 2009 actually gave Manchester United a run for their money.

I'm even proud to say that one our players actually scored to goals. The first goal he scored was a screamer that shocked yet excited every fan in the stadium. The second goal was due to Ben Foster's blunder but then again, a goal is a goal.

I turned to my dad after the first goal and said, because of that Yahyah (Scorer) deserves a "Datukship". Who knew later on he would score another and got me saying maybe "Datuk Seri" would be a more appropriate title. I mean if in Monday's game our team gets trashed and score non, Yahyah would be the FIRST and ONLY Malaysian player to have ever scored against Manchester United, thats got to mean something right?

Anyway before the Shout Awards I actually did attend Manchester United's training session although I found it boring and with the Shout Awards, I stayed no longer than 20minutes.





My neighbour/ teman for the day, Aniq:





Please forgive the following pictures as I forgot to bring my camera's memory card, can you believe it, memory card! and was forced to use my phone:





























Any of you know who that lovely couple is? It's Erra Fazira (Famous model, singer and actress) and Engku Emran (Chief Operations Officer of Suria FM). They actually sat beside me and my dad during the game and not surprisingly (because I rarely watch local tv) I did not realise who was Erra or Engku until my father whispered it in my ear.
Anyway when it was half time, people started realising who Erra was despite her trying to cover herself up with a cap and huge shades. This bunch of girls came up to her and asked if they could have a photo with her and kindly Erra agreed. Who knew for the next 20 minutes everybody would start coming by and pushing me away to get to Erra. One of those girls even said and I quote " Erra, ini adalah impian saya untuk jumpa Erra".
For those who don't understand Malay, the girl said, "It has been my dream to meet you, Erra".
Another man sitting directly behind Erra said "My son keeps asking me why people keep taking pictures with you and I tell him, she's a famous actress, by the way can I have a photo with you?"
LOL crazy celebrity power ain't it? But I guess thats the Malaysian culture.


(The Living Legend has a gut feeling that tomorrow is the day Malaysia gets hammered by Manchester United)

No comments: