Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

God Damn Do I Hate The Conservatives

We spend our whole childhood basically in school or in tuition classes trying to get good grades. As we grow older, our parents slowly shift that responsibility to us indirectly by sending us to college and feeding us with your everyday propaganda that "they aren't going to be around any longer, and we need to learn to feed ourselves".

So being scared out of our minds teenagers, we start asking, googling and researching what are the most logical and lucrative careers there is out there. Some go into accountancy because they know there is a demand for it, some go into the science stream (biomedical science, chemistry or etc) because that's where "the smart people" go and the rest follow their passion, while the minority go into degrees they care nothing about but know that is necessary for survival.

And when graduation looms, some realize that they have just spent the last 4 years miserably while some realize that they love what they do. Either way, I've always had a few theories in life that I stick to till today.

  1. Do something that makes you rich (not 100 dollars more than the rest but if the average graduate salary is RM 2, 700, you should be earning RM3,500)
  2. Do nothing at all
  3. Do something meaningful

The idea of being a middle-class society to me seems like a stupid idea. The problem with being in the middle-class is that you always take things safe. From your love life to your career choices, decisions were always carried out conservatively.

I see no innovation, I see no motivation, I see nothing.

This is what I ask myself every night before I sleep, "Do I really want to follow the current pathway I'm heading towards?" because quite frankly I've been living and am theoretically heading for that horrible lifestyle I call as the "middle-class".

I probably will never have a family or a settled down lifestyle with the choices I tend to make in life, but when the rapture comes, all I need to know is that I made a difference in one person's life. Whether if it is me helping the person or stealing all the person's money, doesn't matter. A difference is a difference.

I've always said that I like to be rich but if the alternative to that is to be just shy of being rich, i rather be on the poorer side of the community making a difference to society or at least doing something I love.

(The Living Legend is certainly not content with just being in the middle of nowhere)

No comments: