Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Year That Was

It's been a week since I started on my first draft of my last post for the year 2010, and boy dare I say it has been indeed a difficult task.

Why you ask? Simply because I have too much to say and too little time to express it perfectly.

*Oh boy there goes my future career as a journalist! But heck, I'm gonna give this a right go and hopefully some of you might actually find it interesting.*

The past few days have been spent with the people I consider closes to me doing absolutely nothing spectacular but yet memorable. It's amazing how when I look back I have been to Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Beijing, Tian Jin and Malaysia twice this year, taken 2 business class trips and yet find the simple things in life much more closer to my heart.


It is also the year I proved to myself that my success at Limkokwing was not a fluke, while I may not have scored a perfect CGPA or even close to my previous result back in foundation studies, I did a reasonable 3.25 at a reputable Australian university without any help from my father (yes people, just because he is an editor and I study the same line he works in doesn't mean he helps me with my homework).

Nevertheless, it is the simple things that I have done this year that will be something I will cherish the most. For instance, while I might have went to Gold Coast for a short holiday this year, it will be because I spent a good 4 days with my father after 4 months of not seeing each other that mattered or while I might have went to Australia to study for the most part of the year, it will be the Skyping moments I spent with my buddies back home and around the world that will truly be imprinted in my brain.

It was a year that was suppose to be my introduction to a "better life", a more stable political system and probably my future home. Yet, to my dad's dismay, it was a year that I realize home is where the heart is and mine was with Malaysia (Not quite true, the UK is where it is but you get what I'm talking about).

Australia has done me well. It has indeed introduced to a new kind of education system that I am personally not accustomed but it has also shown me that life only comes once. Don't waste it being content on second best, always go for the best.

Thank you readers for following me for the entire 2010, however small you are.


(The Living Legend can only hope his new year's resolution come true)











No comments: