Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

It Won't Be Long More

Today marks another Saturday gone, another weekend coming to an end. Oh how I wish I knew time would be by passing this fast, but I guess sub-consciously I always knew that I would feel this way when the time came.

I still remember the days when Robbie Fowler still played for Liverpool, when Leeds United were in the Champions League semi-finals and when Marcus Stewart was the leading striker in the premier league playing for newly promoted Ipswich Town. Those were the days when I first fell in love with the world's most popular sport, football.

It began with just buying a jersey at Giant, and the next thing I knew, I was tuning into Super Sports every minute of the day watching football highlights because the season had already passed. I even enjoyed the entertaining Malaysian footballers of the past like Rusdi Suparman. His name sounds a lot like superman right? Well He had this traditional goal celebration where he would take out his jersey and show off his Superman shirt. Those were the days when footballers were still allowed to take out their shirts and swing them in joy without having to worry about getting a yellow card.

I wonder if this time next year, will I be able to do what I do now? Or will I be living a total opposite life?

Many speculations have been made about where I'll be going to study next year and to be honest, not even I know where I'm going yet, so no point wondering so much people. Who knows I might decide I love our country too much and decide not leave? Or the Star might decide to promote my dad with a pay 5x more and I can get to go to the land they call United Kingdom?


But applications have been sent in, 5 in fact. How many will accept me? I hope all then maybe I have some variety of choices to choose from. But even if only one accepts me, it would not be the worst thing in the world considering I have a peace of mind without having to worry about which university to choose.

Till then, enjoy the photo of Joan Kong Min Hui's new hair cut which I find almost the same as her hair before.







(The Living Legend is enjoying Arsenal's trashing of Spurs)

No comments: