Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Australia Day 1

Finally I can begin my trip to Melbourne, Australia post now that most if not all the pictures are loaded up into the computer (well pictures from my camera anyway, still have thousands to collect from Mojo).

Anyway I left KLIA at approximately 10:00pm Malaysian timing and reached Melbourne International Aiport at roughly 8:30am Australian timing. The flight was pretty decent but that was considering I took MAS this time and not AirAsia but nevertheless I still prefer to have my feet on the ground as I simply hated flying.

Once I collected my bag (which I did not recognised btw and let circle around me twice) I headed for the exit, the first thing I saw was Abby and Kenneth and much to my relief might I add as I was really concerned I would get lost and all sort of other scary scenarios were playing in my head.

When we arrived at Ken's place at Parkville, the first thing I did was to head straight up to his room to lie down and unpack but to my surprise this is what I saw when I shut the door:






Speak out competitive eh?His VCE results are set to be out December 14 and if he doesn't get 92 and above it would be a disappointment...hahah yes I know sounds absolutely absurd right? But that's is just how competitive education are over there.


Ahh Ken's Queen size bed that he willingly shared with me for 7 nights...Cheers for that man


The upstairs hallway....On the left Abs room and directly in front is the mum's who btw treated me and Mojo like kings and queens...Thank you for that=)




Anyway after lazying around and just doing absolutely nothing but catching up, we decided it was time to head out for some grub but instead of heading out for a typical fish & chips, we chose to go one step closer to diabetes and have Max Brenner's Chocolate Fondue.



After that we just took a short walk around High Point (the shopping mall we were at) and just browse around.




Later that night, Ken's mum brought us to a little suburb known as Camberwell to eat in this delicious little Italian restaurant known as Sofia.




I know I mentioned the word little but please do not underestimate the size of the portions at that place as they are HUGE and I mean HUGEE...I think they are easily twice the size of an Australian portion which is already twice the size of a typical Malaysian portion.


See what I mean?we were so full we turned into cows=p




As you guys should know, Australia isn't your typical night life town as by 5pm they start shutting down till the next day so we decided to gamble but where to?



In the nicest cozy living room?



Or in the fresh air outside at the balcony?

Of course being the Malaysians that we are, we decided to be rebellious and try the latter without realising how freaking cold it was.


Mojo
Klau
Brother Chee=)
Abs

Get what I'm saying?It was too cold that we all had to use the stolen MAS blankets for warmth but even then that wasn't enough..haha


So we gave up and return back in:
But by then, the cold had got the best of us and we still had to rely on the blankets




It was a great first day to Australia. Me and Mojo not sleeping for 30 plus hours but still getting a good glimpse of what Melbourne was like.

(The Living Legend was told he talked in his sleep during the first night)

No comments: